- Top 5 Reasons to Love Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
Although Virginia employees haven’t adopted HSA plans as quickly as some other areas of the country, these plans are gaining market share as healthcare costs continue to rise. There are […]
- Read More
- Small Businesses and Self-Funding Medical Benefits
ACA “Pooled” Rates vs. Self-Funded Strategies There is a lot of talk about self-funded or level-level funded medical plans as a way for companies to save money on health benefits… […]
- Read More
The Hampton Roads Metropolitan area probably has the highest percentage of ex-military employees in the nation. Ex-military employees typically do not elect to enroll in employer-sponsored health plans. This lowers benefits costs for area employers, but TRICARE still has out-of-pocket costs that can sting the pocketbook of these employees.
Is there a product that can fill the gaps in TRICARE coverage? YES! Employers can offer an employee-paid TRICARE supplement that can be paid by the employee on a pre-tax basis. These supplements are very affordable and can make a difference when recruiting employees in Hampton Roads. Here is just a partial list of the advantages to offering a TRICARE supplement now:
- The Feds have just raised the out-of-pocket costs for TRICARE Prime and TRICARE.
- Why should employers ignore the needs of ex-military… fills an obvious need!
- Can be offered on an Employee pay all basis for less than $70 per month typically
- Distinguishes your company as military friendly in a competitive market
- Will create employee loyalty and decreased turnover
Bottom line: Employers with even a few ex-military employees should offer a TRICARE supplement as part of their employee benefits portfolio to help our ex-military lower their out-of-pocket medical expenses.