- Top 5 Reasons to Love Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
Although Virginia employees haven’t adopted HSA plans as quickly as some other areas of the country, these plans are gaining market share as healthcare costs continue to rise. There are […]
- Read More
- Small Businesses and Self-Funding Medical Benefits
ACA “Pooled” Rates vs. Self-Funded Strategies There is a lot of talk about self-funded or level-level funded medical plans as a way for companies to save money on health benefits… […]
- Read More
How to Keep Your Employees Motivated This Summer
by Gregg Kennerly | Published Monday, July 10, 2017
The warm weather and eagerly anticipated outdoor activities of summer may take a toll on your workers’ concentration. If you’re noticing a lack of focus among your employees during this time of year, consider the following ideas to help keep them motivated:
- Encourage your employees to step outside for at least 15 minutes each day. Exposure to natural sunlight can prevent workers from feeling confined to the office during the warm summer months. Holding business meetings outside may also help to boost workers’ morale.
- Change things up! Employees may become more motivated when their jobs are more challenging and interesting. Consider lateral moves to build your workers’ skill levels and knowledge base.
- Create opportunities for casual interaction. A company sports team, a family day, or an outdoor after-hours social event can keep your employees engaged and build camaraderie in the workplace.
- Consider flexible working arrangements. Arrangements such as flextime or staggered work hours may allow employees to enjoy summer activities and attend to family obligations, while coming to work refreshed. It’s a good idea for employers to work with a knowledgeable employment law attorney when creating policies on flexible working arrangements, to ensure policies and practices are in compliance with the law and do not unlawfully discriminate against certain employees.
Our section on Motivating Employees features additional strategies to help you motivate your employees during any time of year.