- Top 5 Reasons to Love Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
Although Virginia employees haven’t adopted HSA plans as quickly as some other areas of the country, these plans are gaining market share as healthcare costs continue to rise. There are […]
- Read More
- Small Businesses and Self-Funding Medical Benefits
ACA “Pooled” Rates vs. Self-Funded Strategies There is a lot of talk about self-funded or level-level funded medical plans as a way for companies to save money on health benefits… […]
- Read More
Self-Funding is More Popular than Ever!
by Gregg Kennerly | Published Wednesday, February 10, 2016
Self-Funding Medical Benefits is More Popular than Ever
Risk is Easily Managed
With large health insurers warning that rate increases will be 20% to 30% in 2016, it’s time to look at cutting costs through self-funding your medical benefits. More companies are using self-funded contracts than ever before.
Brief Overview of Why You Should Consider Self-funding:
- New contract designs have made self-funding feasible for companies with as few as 20 employees
- Companies with 50 to 500 employees should definitely be looking at self-funding
- Huge cash-flow advantages– why let the insurance company hold your money?
- Almost unlimited control over plan design
- Access medical claim administration that is accountable to YOU for every dollar
- Next level analysis of claims and trends drives cost-saving decisions
- Superior cost-control strategies create better outcomes and lower plan costs
- Flexible stop-loss insurance effectively controls down side risk
- Save 2 to 3% more by not paying premium tax
- Integrated HR/Benefits software platform available to qualified clients
With over 50 years of combined experience in benefits, we are experts in self-funding for companies with 20 to 500+ employees. Let Advanced Benefit Strategies show you how much your company can save. Call or email us.
Gregg Kennerly, Principal
Certified Healthcare Reform Specialist